TESOL 2017 Electronic Village
CALL for Volunteers
Each year, TESOL conference attendees provide assistance to EV Event Coordinators and Managers for special events that are ongoing throughout the conference. Come share your skills and knowledge. Volunteering also provides an opportunity to network with tech-savvy CALL-IS members, meet and greet visitors to the EV, and assist event participants with computers and software programs.
We ask that you volunteer for a two- hour time period (or more). We promise a fun and collegial experience and look forward to having you with us in the Electronic Village.
Volunteers are Greeters, Consultants, or part of the Webcast team.
Greeters sit at the front table and welcome attendees.
Consultants “roam” the EV and assist participants with computers and software or answer technology- related questions.
Webcast team members assist with webcasting selected events
More details will be sent prior to the conference, and we will have a Volunteer Orientation on Wednesday morning at 7:30.
To express our appreciation: Volunteers who are registered and work 2 hours or more receives a $15 lunch voucher to use in the convention center. One voucher per volunteer.
EV Volunteer Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
To volunteer and become part of the “tech volunteer team”, please complete the online form at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZqRW1SV3YtMlVIV2NQWVA4Mk9mZXc6MQ
For more information or questions, please contact Andy Bowman email@example.com
Your participation as an EV Volunteer is greatly appreciated
It is a pleasure to announce the Call for Participation for the Electronic Village Online (EVO) 2017. A project of TESOL’s Computer-Assisted Language Learning Interest Section (CALL-IS), the EVO has been offering free, open online professional development sessions and workshops to teachers of English around the globe since 2001.
This year, we are pleased to offer 16 five-week sessions on a variety of topics, including using QR Codes in ESL/EFL classes, experiential learning for teacher trainers, using technology for Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), teaching English to young learners, using Minecraft to teach English, conducting classroom-based research, and more. For a complete listing and abstracts, visit the Call for Participation at tinyurl.com/EVO2017CfP. To enroll in a session, follow the instructions on the session page.
Please note that registration for the sessions will take place from January 1 – January 8, 2017. The sessions begin on January 8 and continue until February 12. To register for a session, follow the instructions on that session’s page (Session pages are linked to the titles in the CfP.). EVO sessions can be time-consuming, so we encourage you to sign up for no more than two sessions!
As always, EVO sessions are free (you usually need only a computer with Internet access and a desire to learn) and open to all, whether or not you are a TESOL member. They carry no academic credit, and participants may choose the level of involvement that works for them.
Mark your calendars now for EVO registration, January 1 – 8. And get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Please share this invitation with your colleagues and e-lists, and thank you for helping us to spread the word!
On behalf of the EVO Coordination Team
Join us at the Electronic Village April 6-8 2016 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Electronic Village Special Events:
Download a PDF copy of our schedule here
The TESOL CALL-IS is pleased to provide webcast coverage of the following sessions from the Technology Showcase at this year’s TESOL 50th Annual Convention in Baltimore:
- CALL-IS Academic Session- Project-Based Learning: Pedagogical Possibilities for Online, Mobile, and Blended Learning
- CALL-IS and MWIS Intersection- Creating, Adapting, and Using Content for Mobile Apps
- ITA-IS with MWIS and CALL-IS- Strategies for Developing and Delivering Training Materials for ITAs
- ESPIS with VDMIS and CALL-IS- One size fits one: Incorporating technology into ESP courses
- CALL-IS with SRIS and Environmental Forum- Innovating Language Learning through Technology for Environmental Responsibility
- TESOL 50th Anniversary Special Event: Leadership Panel: History of the EV Retrospective: Over three decades of Professional Development
- Hot Topics in Call
- Going Massive – Online Course Development in MOOCs
- Flipping the Classroom: CALL in K-12
- Online Assessment: How Important & Effective Is It?
- Google and Beyond – Free Online Tools for Teachers and Learners
- Meaningful Play: Gaming and Language Learning
- Electronic Village Online (EVO) Best of 2015
- Mobile Apps for Education Showcase
- Developer’s Showcase
- TESOL CALL-IS Open Meeting
- The CALL-IS is also webcasting several selected EV Fair Classics sessions from the Electronic Village.
You’re invited to join us!