Job Title: Chair Elect
- Organize the academic session
- Organize intersections with other Interest Sections
- Organize discussion sessions
- Run last meeting during conference as the new chair
- Help chair with any other duties assigned.
During conference beginning of year:
- Attend all IS planning meetings as scheduled by TESOL
- Actively recruit volunteers
- Help chair with meetings
Start work on topics and speakers for: Academic Session; Intersections; Discussion Groups.
- Read proposals
- Organize academic session
- Finalize topic
- Get suggestions for speakers from CALL-IS Steering Committee
- Contact speakers
- Submit to TESOL: Title, Abstract, Speakers’ information; teach / AV requests.
- This is normally due in July.
- Organize the Intersections. Same as with Academic Session: Arrange topic, speakers, and submit information to TESOL. Again, this is due in July.
- Put out a CFP for discussions sessions.
- Invite discussion presenters from proposals that did not make the cut
Discussion sessions were due in August this year (2007).
You need topics, discussion leaders, and their contact information, and a title and abstract to meet TESOL specifications.
Academic Session, Intersections, and Discussion Groups are all submitted on-line.
- Help chair in final proposal selection
- Assist chair when needed
- Assist chair as needed
During Conference end of year:
- Run last meeting during conference as new chair