Job Title: CALL IS Chair
Job Purpose: The chair organizes the CALL IS interest group
- Liaison with TESOL
- Submit budget and special projects proposals to TESOL
- Monitor IS Leaders List and inform IS members of information relevant to the IS and its members
- Request meeting rooms for TESOL Convention
- Coordinate and adjudicate proposals
- Set the Convention CALL program (subject to final approval by TESOL)
- Propose hot topics,
- Oversee steering committee,
- Oversee EV operation and Special Events.
- Serve as final arbitrator when consensus cannot be reached in IS issues and conflicts.
- Work with Webmaster to update IS web site.
- Be responsible for keeping IS practice in accordance with the IS Operating Rules.
During Convention beginning of year:
- Attend all IS planning meetings as scheduled by TESOL.
- Locate volunteer forms and make sure volunteer form are distributed volunteer forms Actively recruit volunteers
- Make sure that minutes of meetings are taken
- Represent the IS at IS Council (or whatever they are going to call it now)
Spring after the Convention:
- Submit leadership information to TESOL (TESOL will send a form and due date for this)
- Submit IS budget to TESOL (TESOL will send a form and due date for this)
- Write any special projects proposals decided on at the open and planning meetings by the membership (if not delegated to another member) and submit to TESOL (TESOL will send a form and due date for this)
- Submit any special projects proposals written by CALL IS members
- Remind members of due date for concurrent sessions proposals for the next convention via CALL IS list
- Adjudicate proposals Ð recruit readers, get a list of readers to TESOL
- Organize readers
- Answer any questions and liaison with TESOL for answers not readily available
- Send in list of EV Special Events to TESOL
- Write CALL Chair column for the CALL IS newsletter.
- Contact EV Special Event teams to confirm the teams, recruit any needed team members
- Coordinate revisions of the EV Special Events Call for Proposals with the EV Special Events coordinator
- Set the EV Special Events schedule and open hours with the EV Special Events coordinator
- Monitor CALL List and post messages appropriate for steering committee members only on the steering committee list.
- Communicate with job leads to make sure that each job is running smoothly.
- Make sure any special projects are completed
- Contact steering committee members and inform them of convention meeting times, get arrival and convention contact information of steering committee members attending the conference
- Work with the person responsible for the EV Special Events Program to set up printing and delivery of the program to the Convention
- Submit list of IS delegates to IS Council (or whatever they are calling it now) to TESOL
During Convention (end of year):
- Organize steering committee meeting and obtain room for this meeting
- Run IS open meeting for members
- Hand gavel over to chair elect.