Job Title: Past Chair
Job Purpose: To mentor and assist the chair and serve as chair if for some reason the current chair is unable to complete the year.
- Submit the minutes of the IS open meetings and the IS Annual Report to TESOL (TESOL will send a form and deadline)
- Assist the chair with setting the Convention program
- Serve as a mentor and resource for the current chair
- Serve as a member of the steering committee
- Chair the Nominating Committee
- Help chair with any other duties assigned.
Summer following the year as chair:
- Locate minutes of the Annual Business Meeting and Planning meeting
- Submit minutes to TESOL (deadline is usually June 1).
- Write Annual Report and submit to TESOL (deadline is usually June 1)
- Read proposals
- Help chair in final proposal selection
- Assist chair when needed
- Contact the other members of the nominating committee to brainstorm for possible nominees for new steering committee members and chair elect.
- Recruit nominees and confirm their willingness to serve if elected.
- Assist chair as needed
- Finalize nominations for the elections at the business meeting at the convention.
During conference end of year:
- Attend all IS open meetings as scheduled by TESOL
- Actively recruit volunteers, especially for EV Special Events teams
- Help chair with meetings
- Represent the IS as a delegate at the IS Council (or whatever they are calling it now)
- Relax and breathe a sigh of relief that you are not the chair this year.