Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Job Purpose: To recruit, schedule, train and assist Electronic Village volunteers
- Recruits volunteers to manage the EV area during its open hours
- Posts Call for Volunteers on lists: NETEACH-L (NETEACH-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU), CALLIS-L, IATEFL Computer Sig (IATEFLComputerSig@yahoogroups.com) and own local list(s)
- Encourages local postings by steering committee members
- Gets publicity in TESOL publications as well as local publications.
- Makes contact with the TESOL office regarding the EV listing in convention volunteer opportunities in the program
- Emails volunteers from previous years.
- Schedules volunteers.
- Revises Volunteer Information handouts to reflect changes in EV.
- Conducts a volunteer orientation on the Tuesday prior to the conference start.
- Supervises volunteers during the conference.
- Thanks volunteers after the conference.
- Checks on EV hours and activity offerings
- Makes contact with the TESOL office regarding the EV listing in convention volunteer opportunities in the program About half of our volunteers first come to us as a result of our listing there. The copy in the listing makes the volunteer work sound more techie than it is, but we do get good volunteers
- Develops a blank schedule
- NETEACH: (http://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu/archives/neteach-l.html), IATEFLComputer Siggroup in transition) and Call-IS-L (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Writes copy for and places articles/notices in TESOL & local publications
- Emails volunteers from previous year(s)
- Puts a call for EV volunteers on listservs
- Schedules and answers respondents
- Revises Volunteer Information handouts to reflect changes in EV
- Plans volunteer orientation
During conference beginning of conference
- Prints handouts for volunteers
- Runs orientation workshop for volunteers Tuesday evening.
- During the conference, greets volunteers, gives volunteers assignments.
During Conference end of conference:
- Helps organize software
- Reports to steering committee