The CALL-IS would like to enlist your participation in our important and dynamic Interest Section by serving on the CALL-IS Steering Committee. There are four positions open. Three positions involve a three-year commitment from 2015 to 2018, one position from 2015 to 2017.
Please send nominations and comments to the Nominating Committee (see email addresses at the bottom of this letter) by March 24, 2015.
Qualifications for these positions include
- Either previous or desired future involvement with the CALL-IS and/or the Electronic Village through presenting or volunteering at EV events
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to attend the TESOL Convention at least part of the elected term of service
Following are the descriptions and duties of each position:
Steering Committee members hold office for three years (or two years) from the close of one annual TESOL Convention until the close of the annual Convention three years (or two years) hence. Steering Committee members work collaboratively in the planning, organization, and implementation of Electronic Village (EV) events, an integral component of every TESOL conference. Members serve on committees that plan and manage the Electronic Village or an EV event, including the EV Fair, EV Fair Classics, Mini-Workshops, Developers’ Showcase, Mobile Apps for Education, the Electronic Village Online (EVO), and more.
Steering Committee Member (3 positions for three-year terms, 1 position for a two-year term)
Serve on the Steering Committee, 2015-2018 or 2015-17 and plan to attend the TESOL Convention in 2016, 2017, and/or 2018 in addition to the upcoming 2015 TESOL Convention, if possible. A Steering Committee member may be able to serve the Interest Section even if it is not possible to attend the TESOL Convention.
If you would like to nominate someone or yourself for this position, please submit the following to the Nominating Committee by March 24, 2015:
- a 100-word bio for the ballot, including previous service to the CALL-IS and committees as well as areas of possible interest in the planning of EV events if elected;
- a statement as to whether you will be able to attend the annual TESOL Convention during the years of service, 2015-2018. If you plan to participate virtually, note which years you expect not to be able to attend the TESOL Convention.
Voting will be conducted at the CALL-IS Open Meeting, Thursday, March 26, 5-6:30 PM in the Electronic Village, Room 701A of the Toronto Metro Convention Center at the TESOL Convention in Toronto. It would be best if candidates were present to introduce themselves briefly.
Please contact the nominating committee with any questions.
Roger Drury: email@example.com
Chris Sauer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dianna Lippincott: email@example.com
Snea Thinsan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudio Fleury: email@example.com