Join us at the Electronic Village April 6-8 2016 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Electronic Village Special Events:
Download a PDF copy of our schedule here
The TESOL CALL-IS is pleased to provide webcast coverage of the following sessions from the Technology Showcase at this year’s TESOL 50th Annual Convention in Baltimore:
- CALL-IS Academic Session- Project-Based Learning: Pedagogical Possibilities for Online, Mobile, and Blended Learning
- CALL-IS and MWIS Intersection- Creating, Adapting, and Using Content for Mobile Apps
- ITA-IS with MWIS and CALL-IS- Strategies for Developing and Delivering Training Materials for ITAs
- ESPIS with VDMIS and CALL-IS- One size fits one: Incorporating technology into ESP courses
- CALL-IS with SRIS and Environmental Forum- Innovating Language Learning through Technology for Environmental Responsibility
- TESOL 50th Anniversary Special Event: Leadership Panel: History of the EV Retrospective: Over three decades of Professional Development
- Hot Topics in Call
- Going Massive – Online Course Development in MOOCs
- Flipping the Classroom: CALL in K-12
- Online Assessment: How Important & Effective Is It?
- Google and Beyond – Free Online Tools for Teachers and Learners
- Meaningful Play: Gaming and Language Learning
- Electronic Village Online (EVO) Best of 2015
- Mobile Apps for Education Showcase
- Developer’s Showcase
- TESOL CALL-IS Open Meeting
- The CALL-IS is also webcasting several selected EV Fair Classics sessions from the Electronic Village.
You’re invited to join us!
The Computer-Assisted Language Learning Interest Section (CALL-IS)
CALL for Volunteers
TESOL 2016 Electronic Village
April 5-8, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Join us in the Electronic Village as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of TESOL!
The Computer-Assisted Language Learning Intersection (CALL-IS) is asking for volunteers for the Electronic Village (EV) at the 2016 TESOL convention in Baltimore.
Each year, conference attendees provide assistance to EV Event Coordinators and Managers for special events that are ongoing throughout the conference. Volunteering also provides an opportunity to network with tech-savvy CALL-IS members, meet and greet visitors to the EV, and assist event participants with computers and software programs. This is an enjoyable and wonderful experience!
We ask that you volunteer for a two-hour time period (or more). We promise a fun and collegial experience and look forward to having you with us in the Electronic Village.
Volunteers are Greeters, Consultants, or part of the Webcast team.
- Greeters sit at the front table and welcome attendees.
- Consultants “roam” the EV and assist participants with computers and software or answer technology- related questions.
- Webcast team members assist with webcasting selected events
More details will be sent prior to the conference, and we will have a Volunteer Orientation on Wednesday morning at 7:30 (not required but a good overview of what happens in the EV).
To express our appreciation: Volunteers who are registered with a full membership and work 4 hours or more will receive a $50 refund on their registration fee post-convention. (no refunds on partial or student registrations…sorry)
EV Volunteer Hours:
|Wednesday, April 6
||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Thursday, April 7
||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Friday, April 8
||8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To volunteer and become part of the “tech volunteer team”, please complete the information on the online form at http://tinyurl.com/VolunteerEV
For more information or questions, please contact Luke Coffelt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your participation as an EV Volunteer is greatly appreciated!